As we gear up for winter weather, you can find info on safely using powered equipment like snow blowers, clearing snow from heights, winter driving, working around downed power lines, and more at https://www.osha.gov/winter-weather
- OSHA Winter Weather: Plan. Equip. Train.
- OSHA Cold Stress Guide
- Refrigerated Warehousing (listed under warehouse hazards)
- OSHA Safe Winter Driving
Remember the various hazards of shoveling snow, operating powered equipment like snow blowers and preventing slips on Snow and Ice. OSHA has resources available to help workers stay safe, including a new pamphlet on snow removal, a cold stress Quick Card in English and Spanish, and a Winter Weather web page.
Alliance participants resources include:
CPWR-The Center for Construction Research and Training Alliance products:
- Cold Weather Toolbox Talk. Also available in Spanish.
- Cold Weather Hazard Alert. Also available in Spanish.
- Cold Weather Infographics — Protect Yourself from the Cold (English attached)
Employers should assess their worksites and develop a plan prior to a winter weather emergency. Please share this information, as appropriate.